Fr. Liam McDonald
– I was baptized in Cure of Ars Church June 3rd 1983 and my soul was eternally reconfigured to carry the Identity of Jesus Christ.
– I received God’s Divine Presence in my soul (my 1st Holy Communion) at St. Mary’s Parish in Medford, NJ on 9 May 1992.
– I was equipped and sent on mission to heal a broken world (my Confirmation) 2 November 1997 at St. John Neumann Church Reston, VA and have been on an Isaiah 61 mission ever since.
– I was ordained a priest 24 June 2017, the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist and have been growing in spiritual fatherhood for the past four years. As I shared last weekend in my preaching, I have taken the words of St. John the Baptist to be one of the guiding principles of my priesthood “He must increase, I must decrease” (cf. John 3:30)
College forward –
– I attended Norwich University and Alfred State College before receiving a degree in Architecture and Engineering Technology.
– I worked for 3 1/2 years after college as an estimator for a mechanical contractor and it was during this time I began discerning the priesthood.
– I discerned my vocation for two years at the minor seminary in Douglaston, NY before completing my spiritual, pastoral and academic formation at St. Joseph’s Seminary in Yonkers NY.
– Before I arrived here at St. Therese of Lisieux Parish I served as the chaplain to Holy Trinity Diocesan H.S. and as the Associate Pastor to Holy Family Parish.
Fr. Liam’s interests outside spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ include: good coffee, hiking, running and mountain biking. His favorite composer is Ludovico Einaudi, his favorite author is Michael O’Brien and his favorite artist is William Kurelek.
Viva Cristo Rey!!
Fr. Louis was ordained on Saturday, June 18, 2022 at the Cathedral of St. Agnes by Bishop John O. Barres. Fr. Louis has been assigned to serve as an associate pastor of the Church of St. Therese of Lisieux in Montauk.
Fr. Louis Cona is from Franklin Square where he received all of his sacraments from his home parish of St. Catherine of Sienna. Fr. Louis is a graduate from H. Frank Carey High School and Georgetown University. At Georgetown, Fr. Louis studied political philosophy and was active in the Georgetown University Knights of Columbus Council, as well as university pro-life activities. Fr. Louis worked for Georgetown’s Religious Freedom project and interned on Capitol Hill.
Fr. Louis attended St. Joseph Seminary, Yonkers, N.Y. and the Pontifical North American College, Rome. In Rome, Fr. Louis served as a Scavi guide which is a special tour of the necropolis beneath St. Peter’s Basilica that leads pilgrims to the bones of St. Peter.
“I cannot think of anything more extraordinary than to absolve sins in the name of Jesus in Confession, to celebrate Holy Mass. The priesthood is such an incredible gift. Praise be Jesus Christ!” said Fr. Cona.
Fr. Luis Cona is back in Rome to complete his studies, however, he continues to pray for us from the eternal city. Please keep him in your prayers.
DIRECTOR OF RELIGIOUS ED
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC
ST. THERESE NURSERY SCHOOL